Thursday, January 12, 2006

You're More than Welcome

I've always kind of laughed when someone tells me that I'm "more than welcome" to do something, as if there is some feasible but unnamed zone of freedom to engage in an offered activity that is so free of any encubrance that it actually goes to an entirely different level...we're talking about an unknown level...beyond "welcome".

After giving it some thought, if I am welcome by another person to do something, I guess that means they'll accept my participation. But if you enter the "more than welcome" zone, are you than obligated to participate? Isn't that just a nice way of saying "You're not only welcome, but I'd be kind of pissed if you didn't do this".

In any case, I just wanted to tell anyone new to this blog, that you're more than welcome to come back whenever you'd like. And since The Option Blog is two days old, I guess "new to this blog" includes pretty much everyone

In any case, The Option contributors hope you enjoy your stay. We're probably going to take you in several different directions, all of which are almost certainly of interest to you if you're a male between the ages of 25 and 40 (I had to keep that upper limit down because I guarantee I'll post something about video games within the next few weeks), and it'll probably help if you're a maniacal Husker fan. In other words, this is the place to find alternating bitching and overconfidence about Nebraska football, basketball and baseball, commentary on the entire sports world, music, politics, religion, technology, video games, movies, food, drink and cigars. The thing we've got in common is that we're all about the same age, we're Husker fans, and we all like to tell everyone in sight about our thoughts.

You're more than welcome to read on. But if you leave any mean-spirited comments, I just might get litigious on your ass.

3 Comments:

Blogger JohnnyMitchell said...

hmm. Ok. I didn't expect anyone to respond to that, so I guess I have no problem saying you're right.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Justin G said...

just wanna say the blog looks great- and you are "more than welcome" for my comment of appreciation.


jg

8:11 PM  
Blogger Brian Pope said...

Thank You.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home